Thanks to Katya's Non-Profit Marketing Blog for referring me to this excellent list: "Eight Things Your Home Page Should Have."
For those who don't want to click, here is the relevant content:
Eight Things A Nonprofit Home Page Should Have
- A guessable URL
- Your postal address (so you look legit and so people can send you a check if they want)
- Your phone number (shows you’re real, makes you accessible)
- Email sign-up (so you can cultivate people after they visit)
- Keyword density (so people will find you via search) - this is so important!
- Donate Now buttons (on the main part of the page and in the navigation)
- A pathway for learning more about the organization (a case for why you should donate)
- Images - strong, emotional ones that are clickable (people expect images to be clickable - send them to your case for giving or your donate form)
One final reminder.... tonight is A Night to Remember 2007 with LeAnn Rimes, a benefit concert for Central Dallas Ministries. Tickets are available at the gate starting at 1:00 p.m.
Yayyyyyyy, it's finally here!