The Major Gifts Officer will manage relationships and fundraising efforts with the almost 200 major donors and prospects in North Texas. Responsibilities will also include the identification, evaluation, cultivation, solicitation and management of individuals capable of contributing major gifts of at least $5k annually, with a focus on individuals capable of gifts of $25k and over. The individual will also be responsible for developing various church partnerships toward this end.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Three to five years demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in major gifts fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation
- Experience in solicitation of large gifts
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; excellent research skills; superior written and oral communication skills; and relevant computer skills
- Ability to work both entrepreneurially and collaboratively, and to function both as a leader and a partner within a team framework
- Bachelor's degree
- Interest in and working knowledge of community development, faith-based initiatives, and social service highly desirable.
This position will split time working from home and out of our development agency’s office in Plano, Texas.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include "Development Officer, Major Gifts" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.